Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Wonders of Candy

As I sat at my desk today and went through a list of activities that recur on a pretty regular basis, I suddenly felt like jumping out of my chair, scaling the wall of my cube, and screaming while I ran up and down the hallway. I guess it was just the oppressive silence that had finally gotten to me, but nevertheless I seriously pondered it for a minute. Thankfully, the feeling passed and I sat once again staring directly into the eyes of my new best friend......the computer monitor.

While I gazed at the screen trying to compose my thoughts, I suddenly realized that there was a cure to these mid day doldrums........The stash of candy in the kitchen! WOO-HOO!!! Now if there was anything that was going to liven this day surely I could find it in the candy bag! As I mischievously made my way out of my cube, and turned the corner to the kitchen I was feeling quite content with myself. I grinned as I opened the cabinet door, just knowing there was going to be a kit-kat ready and waiting to be devoured. I slowly dug through the candy bag, rummaging to the very bottom just to be sure, but like a bad nightmare I came to the stunnng realization that there were NO MORE KIT-KATS!!!!! NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!! This can't be I thought, there has to be at least one. As I scavenged more frantically than ever the cold hard truth slapped me in the face; I must settle for a Twix. There it was, a moment in which I could have been defeated in my quest for a smile, but I would have none of that! I hurriedly banish the disappointment from my mind, and quickly devoured my party sized treat. Now I thought, a few more hours until lunch! Woo-Hoo!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your gay

Anonymous said...

MUST BE FROM YOUR BROTHER......Mom