Monday, May 01, 2006

BACK AGAIN!

Well after a long break....Im back! Hopefully my faithfulness to post will be more of a priority this time around. My goal is to provide shorter more frequent updates as opposed to longer more sporadic ones. Maybe one day I'll even post a picture so as to change up the scenery a bit.

So, what is in the works? Right now I am finally settling in to the ole 9 to 5 working life. What a life it is.....its all very exciting. I wake up at around 7:00 each morning, drive to work, and sit in a cube for eight hours! (Please don't be too jealous, I know it's very glamorous). But, Im not complaining, just trying to make sense of how intelligent human beings have managed to turn themselves into glorified zoo animals. (without anyone paying to see them).

Okay enough of that, something happen yesterday that has been on my mind a bit today. I met a man downtown that was living a life that many could probably never imagine. He lives on the streets and travels around looking for jobs to do so that he can save money towards a home. The interesting thing about this man was that even though He didn't have much, I could tell he was content. All he owned was placed neatly away in a small tote bag that he carried wherever he went. As I talked with Him, I realized that he wasn't complaining about where he was, but was only trying to make the best of the situation in which he was in. All the while he humbly thanked our group for coming out to help those who needed it. He knew about the Lord, and when I offered him a Bible, he slowly grinned, and said "no thanks I already have one in my bag". While I didn't get lots of time to spend talking about his past I could tell that he had spent many nights talking to the Lord about the needs and desires of His heart. It once again put my life in perspective. I have been given so much and yet I continually complain about circumstances and things that do not go as I would like. I am always begging God for relief from problems, burdens, and hurts, all the while I fail to look closely at the precious blessings I have already received. Why do some of us get to go to college, sit in a cube all day, and never really worry about our daily needs, while others only have a concern of where they will find their next bologna sandwich? I am not the one with the answer to that, but I do certainly thank the Lord for the things that He has given me that I know I take for granted: salvation, food, clothing, shelter, love, friendship, health, and an infinite number of other blessings that many in the world do not have.

No comments: