Friday, October 06, 2006

Should have known something was wrong

In the fridge at work, we have different carbonated drinks for everyone. There are the staples: Coke, Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke, and even Diet Pepsi. I noticed a while back that there were some caffeine free, Diet Cokes that never seemed to get drunk (tense?). Anyway, me, getting tired of looking at them there, grab one, and start to drink. I wasn't paying much attention as I took the first few drinks, as I was distracted with all the work I have at 4:15 on Friday afternoon. But, I just kept thinking, man this thing tastes, very "tasteless", almost like carbonated water, after a another drink, I ignored the thought and kept working. Finally, I take the last drink, and then something clicks in my head, this drink doesn't taste anything like the last caffeine free diet coke I drank. Then, remembering the fact that the cans have been sitting in the bottom of the fridge for as long as I could remember, I decided to look at the bottom of the can for the expiration date, this my friends, would probably have been information I would rather not have read.

EXPIRED 11/2005! NOOOOO!!!!!!!

Now all I can do is sit, and wait, to determine if this was a mistake, based on the reaction from my stomach. Who knows? Maybe everything will be fine, or maybe I will be hugging the toilet in a few minutes, I have never drank a coke that expired almost a year earlier. That is all.

-Josh

No comments: