Monday, October 30, 2006

AAAHHHH!!!!!

Well, this is more of an update blog, but I'll try to put some interesting things in for all those non-family members that read regularly. I have once again found myself in a whirlwind of activities. I have a tendency to over commit sometimes, because I want to help wherever help is needed. So, that being said, based on the past couple of weeks I can now officially say, "I am busy". Work is picking up as we wind down the year, and are trying to get projects wrapped up, and that is only the beginning.

I am very excited about a new service project taking place up here in big D called Dallas One. Now, without going into too much detail about the history and greatness of it all, I will say, please check out the website for all the details. But, in short, it is an AWESOME, AWESOME, ministry that incorporates singles from all over DFW, for a day of service, worship, and fellowship in the second week of December. For all of you Dallas "young singles" out there, who haven't registered, please take a minute to register online. Our goal is to have participation from at least 800 singles in DFW. We are a little behind, but we still have a month or so to get registrants!

www.dallasone.org


I am still participating in my b-study class, and the homeless downtown weekly, so please keep me in your prayers for strength, and encouragement as I go go go go go! Bottom line is that I wouldn't want it any other way, I love it. I have to say that I have been able to see God move in my life in AMAZING Ways over the last few months, and I am so so excited to see where He leads from here.

One note, I heard a message the other day on noise....how, if we sit and be still, that in reality there is always noise going on around us. How often do we really get to a "quite place?" Just us and the Lord, in order to hear him speak? I have been trying to turn off all noise in the times when I am alone. Not even any radio or Cd's in the car (Sorry Toby Mac!). It has been really good, although it is surprising how much noise is still not filtered out. Even at my apartment, sitting in total silence, I still hear the jets flying overhead, the neighbors walking upstairs, radios from cars blaring, and people walking around outside. There really isn't much silence in the city, so making a time and place to find it, becomes all the more important. Jesus sometimes went up on a mountain, just to get away from the crowd. How much time do we spend, seeking silence, away from noise? In this day and age, distractions are countless, and escaping silence has never been easier, but God speaks in the silence many times, and just think, we may have too much noise running around all around us, to be able to hear from Him.

No comments: