Friday, October 20, 2006

Psalm 31

Just a quick note, the Dentist went great yesterday! No cavities (although I do have to get some old cavities re-filled :(. (Yes, I am a grown man that uses emoticons!) By the way, dental insurance rocks! I wish there was such a thing as haircut insurance.

Anyway, I was reading yesterday and came across this Psalm, but the part that really hit me was this:

Blessed be the Lord, for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me when I was in a besieged city. I had said in my alarm, "I am cut off from your sight." But you heard the voice of my pleas for mercy when I cried for help.

Love the Lord, all you his saints! The Lord preserves the faithful but abundantly repays the one who acts in pride. Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!

Psalm 31: 21-24

After reading this I thought, "How many times do I get into a tough place and then scream at the top of my lungs, "Where are you Lord?!, I am certainly cut off from you right now! Please come save me!!!" Like how David says "I had said in my alarm". That is me right there, I get a little raddled along the path and I'm like Lord, Lord, it is difficult now, I am under attack! But, the Lord, hears my cries for help. He is there, and when the attack is over, I feel him there and know that He was there all along. I was not cut off, only being taught things like faith, and trust. I realize how weak and incapable I am, and find myself ashamed for lack of faith in my struggle.

Like David, the realization comes THE LORD PRESERVES THE FAITHFUL!, Why can't I ever remember that! But, what the struggle allows me to do is encourage those around me after it is over, and say: "Be Strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait on the Lord!" It is an awesome cycle of glorifying the Lord. The Lord is faithful, and when he lets us go into a besieged city, although we feel he has left, he is there, and he hears us. What we fail to realize is that He is growing and stretching and strengthening us, so that when the battle is over, and we look back we have seen Him faithful.

Then, we are placed around others who are facing their own besieged cities, and because we have truly learned this lesson, we are able to say to them with confidence, Be Strong!! Take Courage! The Lord preserves the faithful! You may not feel or see Him right now, but know this, He is there. Just wait. Just wait.

No comments: