Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Tuna Fish

What is so wrong with eating Tuna Fish for lunch everyday? At the office, apparently...alot! I figured out a long time ago, that I don't have time to cook, and to eat out every day is about the most expensive thing you can do besides maybe going furniture shopping at Neiman Marcus. So, I developed a solution to solve the problem of cost and convenience.....TUNA FISH. Ever since college, I have been a die hard tuna fan. Where else can you get 20g of Protein for .50? And now, they sell Starkist in pouches that have different flavors mixed in like "Sweet and Sour", "Lemon Pepper" and "Hickory Smoked"...yea, that is right "Hickory Smoked" Tuna..... So, in order to get out of Wal-Mart with lunch for the week, and to save a few bucks....I buy about 10 pouches of tuna for the week. (Two a day).

Well, I have already been given the reputation at work as being the guy that will take any left overs...eat anything, and basically has no shame in all things food. So, here recently everyone has begun to take notice of my tuna eating extravaganza at lunch. Most everyone is sick and tired of smelling sweet and sour tuna fish.....and they are all quick to make a fuss when they see me grab my two separate paper plates in order to put my tuna on (yea, one for hickory smoked, and the other of course, for sweet and sour). But, that is okay. I add a few pieces of wheat bread, and I am getting away with a lunch for about $3.00 (yea the pouches are a tad more expensive than the cans, but hey the opportunity cost that is saved far exceeds the extra $1.00), also there is about 40 grams of protein for lunch right there....and for everyone who has ever tried to stay on a high protein diet, you know that this is most certainly a bargain. So, as I sat here eating my Tuna Fish....and offending everyone in the office, as the guy that always stinks up the place...I decided to document this moment, and give a little encouragement to all the other tuna fans out there!

No comments: