Wednesday, June 14, 2006

To Everyone Having a Bad Day

Snow Skiing will be continued at a later date. This is because it is a long story, which I need more time than is available right now, to write. But, if you can't stand the suspense of it all, feel free to call me, and I will explain over the phone. In the mean time, know that I have not forgotten about finishing it for now.

Why is it that some days you roll over hit the alarm clock (for the 43rd time), and you just know as soon as you open your eyes that it is going to be one of those days? You know, the days where you battle every thought, you fight every urge, and you sit in uncomfortable emotions for hours. As I thought about this when I woke up this morning, I decided that I was not going to dwell on the negative. So, I started pushing my mind to search out truth. I opened up the Word and began reading a few chapters in Exodus. I would like to say that upon closing the book, I was instantly uplifted, and ready to face the world, but alas I wasn't. I then started making it through the morning routine, of shaving etc., and began praying for peace and comfort. (I have a tendency to be repetitive when I ask the Lord for something, especially when it is something that makes me feel uncomfortable). Then, I go turn on the radio, hoping for some uplifting praise songs. Long story short, I couldn't seem to get past this foggy negative feeling that has taken hold of my mind. Now, earlier on in my walk I would have probably been frantically trying to find an explanation about why I couldn't just "turn my frown upside down", and would more than likely have contributed this to something I did, or did not do for the Lord. But now, my feelings and thoughts are different about these tough days. I have determined that days like these are days that need to be endured with patience, and with an understanding that the Lord is aware of our plight. There is no need to worry about when it will end, there is no need to worry about why it occurred. It is only a day in which you can glorify the Lord in a way that may not be as comfortable as other more joyful days. In the process of waiting during the uncomfortable, and tough times we glorify Him through our trust that He is in control. As the Lord told Paul "My grace is sufficient for you". Understanding may not be the goal of these days, and peace may not be the reward. Enduring with an unfailing trust that the Lord is with you even when you can't see, feel, or experience Him, is an act of worship in and of itself.

No comments: