Friday, March 23, 2007

Blessed be the Name of the Lord

Sitting here in my office, looking at a stack of papers that I need to finish working on......its cloudy outside, and the view outside the window could be mistaken for the same dreary covering that continues to hover over my spirit. The Lord feels distant but faith remains....as I sit searching my heart, and ignoring the paperwork, the Newsboys calmly sing................

Blessed be your name in the land that is plentiful, when your streams of abundance flow,

Blessed be your name.

Blessed be your name when Im found in the desert place, though I walk through the wilderness,

Blessed be your name.

Every blessing you poor out I'll turn back to praise, when the darkness closes in Lord, Still I will say:

Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your name.

Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your glorious name!

There is peace in knowing He is there, no matter what my heart tells me. There is comfort that HE is still on his throne holding the universe together with every word from HIS mouth. So, another Friday passes, and another weekend begins. The bottom line, the Lord Reigns, and He does not tarry in his coming, he is just patient. Blessed be His name. Blessed be His name. Blessed by His name.

No comments: