Monday, January 29, 2007

God is in the Details


The weekend before last, I went on a Winter Retreat with the church to Tyler. It was a great time, and I really felt the Lord was answering many prayers I had prayed over the past few weeks in different situations and circumstances. That being said, after returning home, Leon and I decided to go grab a bite to eat. As we were conversing over the meal, and speaking about many of the things the Lord had shown us during the weekend, the waitress came to refill my water glass. After a pause in the conversation, I lifted it up to take a drink. When I looked back down in order to set my glass down, what did I find? You guessed it, A SMILE! (Can you see it?). I looked up and said, "Leon, look right there", he sat speechless, staring at the perfectly outlined smile. Then he says, "you should take a picture". Well, it just so happened, I had grabbed my jacket, from the truck before we left, (something I very rarely do), and had stuck my camera in the pocket from the trip to Tyler. So, I grabbed it, and took a few shots. We just kind of sat for a little bit, smiling to ourselves, as we saw God in the details that day.

No comments: