Thursday, July 13, 2006

Don't Really Know What to Say.

I realized that I haven't blogged in almost a week, so thought I would try to get something down. I don't really have anything to say right now so this may not be the best post in the world. Its been a very emotional week, and that may be why at this moment Im really without words.

One thing I can say is that the Lord continues to show me his faithfulness. I sit and realize that every new trial is another chance for me to grow in some way that is not expected or necessarily understood. Earlier today I thought about the apostles, and how they were so glad to suffer for the sake of Christ, to be deemed worthy to endure such persecution and pain to glorify the Lord. As I thought of this I realized that they were happy and joyful because they understood that the Lord allowed the persecution to happen to them, because He knew that they were strong enough in Him to handle it. How awesome of a thought, that the Lord knew them so well, and gave them the opportunity to suffer in ways that others never will for Him, because He knew they would endure and glorify Him. So they counted it a blessing to experience pain in the fact that they knew the Lord knew they would be able to handle the pain and suffering and still contribute all praise to Him. I know this is a tad repetitive, my mind is not functioning on all 4 cylinders right now.

Continue to be strong fellow brothers and sisters, as Romans states
"For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." 8: 18

Lets continue to sing His praises when it hurts, Lets continue to bow our heads in thankfulness when we are without, Lets keep stepping towards His light in the darkness, and Lets always hold fast to the one constant above all....Christ.

We are in a race, lets run with all we have towards the prize, so that when we look back on this "minor suffering" of a worldly state, we can stand up and praise the Lord for all He accomplished through us as broken vessels that are unworthy to hold the Love that overflows from us.....

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on towards the goal for the PRIZE, of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 13-14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For someone who started out saying, he had nothing to really say.
I have to let you know! You said alot. This is one of my most favorite yet.
It's easy for me to feel your thoughts and your feelings, through your words. Like I can hear you saying it.
You have so much love in your heart for Christ. How wonderful!
I can't think of anything better, than knowing how much he love's us too. That no matter what happens, he is always there. Just wanted to let you know, the only other thing I can say to this posting is, Amen
Loved it!