Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm definetly turning into an old man

Okay, for most of my life, various people have referred to me as "old man", this occurred for different reasons at different times: I was always much taller than the kids my age in elementary school, I always went to bed early and studied all the time during high school and college, and lately, well lately, people just call me "weird" most of the time.

This morning, for the first time, in my almost 26 years on this Earth can I say that I actually started feeling the physical effects of growing older.....

Yesterday at church was the young singles second annual Turkey Bowl, and for those of you unfamiliar, this is a large flag football competition between the different young singles classes at P-Wood. While yesterday I had a great time running around, jumping, trying grab the football out of the hands of the offense, the effects of all that movement reared their ugly head as I awoke out of a peaceful sleep and began to get ready for work.

When the alarm clock sounded, I opened my eyes and realized that my legs were certainly not working as they normally do, as I rolled over to hit the alarm clock my world was shaken by the intensity of the stiffness in my lower body. "AAAHHHH! my legs are soar!", I yelled out to the birds that annoyingly perch outside my bedroom window! I got out of bed, and hobbled around the rest of the morning getting ready, (getting my clothes on for work was quite the adventure). As I stepped out of the house, it occurred to me, the old body, although never really close to athletic excellence in the past, certainly ain't what it used to be! I kind of smiled to myself, and the thought crossed my mind, "Whelp, I guess it's time that the phrase "old man", started being applied to your physical condition, as well as your mental condition! It's all down hill from here!" haha.

Side note, I have actually experienced pain shooting through muscles that I didn't even know existed today.......do you have a muscle close to your spleen? If not, then something is certainly majorly wrong! hahaha

1 comment:

~EW said...

I hear that. I played tackle football with the highschool guys from church here about a month ago. I was gratified to hear them talking about how I was a hard to tackle and it took three of them to bring me down. But even playing quarterback, I was sore for a week. Makes you wonder what people talk about hitting 40.